Gas Safety Certificate (GSC)
Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 it is a legal requirement for landlords to ensure that gas installations and appliances are maintained in good order.
The GSC must be carried out at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer to ensure that all gas installations and appliances are safe.
- A copy of the GSC must be given to the tenant within 28 days of being carried out.
- A copy of the GSC must be kept by the landlord for 2 years.
- The GSC must be completed before a tenant moves in to the property.
Gas Safety Certificate: £60+VAT
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector
It is now a legal requirement that a CO detector is fitted in all properties containing a combustion device (runs on gas, oil or solid fuel) with the exception of those used solely for cooking e.g. a gas hob. The requirement for Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors is outlined in the Scottish Government Statutory Guidance for the Provision of Carbon Monoxide Alarms in Private Rented Housing.
A CO detector is required in:
- Every space containing a combustion device.
- Every bedroom or living room where a flue passes through.
A CO detector should be battery powered, by batteries designed to last the life of the alarm, and does not have to be linked to the smoke and heat detectors. Detectors must be fitted to meet the relevant British Standard.
CO detector: £25+VAT
There is a call out charge of £25+VAT if not carried out at the same time as other work.