A Legionella Risk Assessment (LRA) must be carried out to assess the risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) are responsible for the legislation in this area and more information can be found here:
Outbreaks of Legionnaire’s disease are rare but they are often fatal and it is therefore essential to consider your obligations carefully.
Landlords are required to do the following, or appoint someone competent to do it on their behalf:
- Understand legionella bacteria and Legionnaire’s disease
- Be able to identify and assess sources of risk
- Manage those risks
- Prevent and control any risks
- Keep records and carry out any legal duties
Our understanding is that Landlord’s or their appointed contractor should:
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Manage, prevent and control identified risks
- Periodically review the risks
Legionella Risk Assessment: £60+VAT